The PAC Project training course will allow to know the hardware and software to work with the entire range of Opto22 SNAP PAC family of products. The course is focused on the management of the programs, as well as the familiarization with the equipment, its configuration, use and diagnosis.
An experienced engineer will guide the student using demonstrations and exercises that are prepared to develop control solutions.
What is PAC Project?
PAC Project Software Suiteprovides all the software you need for industrial automation, process control, building automation, remote monitoring, data acquisition, and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications in any field. One of four components of the SNAP PAC System, PAC Project software is fully integrated with SNAP PAC controllers, brains, and I/O.
PAC Project Professional includes the following:
- PAC Control: for developing control programs to run on SNAP PAC controllers. SNAP PAC R-series and S-series controllers are developer and IIoT ready with a built-in HTTP/HTTPS server and a RESTful API.
- PAC Display: for creating HMIs for operators and technicians
- PAC Manager: for configuration and maintenance
- OptoOPCServer, for communication with OPC 2.0 clients
- OptoDataLink, for sharing SNAP PAC System data with databases
- PAC Simulator, simulación en PC de la ejecución de estrategias de control
- OptoDisplayConverter. Herramienta para la migración de proyectos HMI realizados con plataformas antiguas OptoControl / OptoDisplay
LEVEL I Training Course [4 days x 6 hours]
- Product catalog of the SNAP-PAC range.
- Automation with Opto22 PAC-S and PAC-R Series.
- Drivers configuration.
- Configuration of I/O Analog and Digital modules.
- Configuration and use communications with controllers.
- Architecture of a strategy in the control system.
- Initial application design.
- Flowcharts and OptoScript.
- Global and persistent variables, initialization.
- Integers, Floating and ASCII Strings.
- First steps in programming.
- Communications optimization.
- Use in programming instructions and functions for the treatment of variables.
- Creation and work with subroutines.
- Predefined functions.
- Use of instructions and functions for sequential control in a system.
- Downloading programs to the controller.
- Administration, reading and interpretation of programs.
- Online monitoring.
- Forced variables.
- Introduction to PAC-Display.
- Creating a Project.
- Objects animation.
- Logs systems.
- Alarms system.
- Creating the HMI interface.
- Reports and data esportation.
- External data integration.
- User logs.
- Data management with PAC DISPLAY CONFIGURATOR.
- Data monitoring with PAC DISPLAY RUNTIME.
LEVEL II Training Course [4 days x 6 hours]
Advanced Control Programming
- PAC as a FTP Server
- Filesystem use (with/without microSD)
- PAC and high level protocols: HTML, XML,…
- PAC access with current programming languages : C++, Visual Basic,…
- PAC and industrial protocols: Modbus, Industrial Ethernet, SNMP, etc.
- OptoOPCServer use.
- OptoDataLink use.
- Redundancy with PAC Controllers.
|Level I Course (max 6 attendees)||2.890,00 €|
|Level II Course (max 6 attendees)||2.890,00 €|
|Discount for contracting both courses||50% off on the second course|
Duration and place for the Course
To have the appropriate hardware / software tools, as well as a dedicated local network, the course is taught at Optomation facilities in Las Rozas (Madrid).
The duration of the course is four days of 6 hours each.
Materials needed for the course
Optomation will supply a SNAP PAC unit for each pair of course attendees.
Although Optomation can provide the necessary computers, it is highly recommended that attendees have their own laptops (at least one per couple), so that software applications and examples developed during the course can be installed.
Optomation will provide documentation on the contents of the course.
Prerequisites of the attendees
It is essential that attendees have prior basic knowledge in different subjects, such as:
- setting network parameters on a computer
- PLC / PC programming
- basics of electricity and field systems
The purpose of this course is not to train technicians from scratch, but to instruct on our systems who already have previous knowledge in these matters.